The Difference is Effective Planning & Project Management
It’s no secret, the IT world is ripe with failure. In fact, well over 50% of IT projects are delivered late and over-budget. We believe that’s just not acceptable. Not even close. TechStrata vastly exceeds the industry success-rate with 91% of our projects delivered exactly according to plan….on-time and on budget. Our client satisfaction surveys regularly exceed 95% satisfaction.
Even with the high failure rate, one might expect that companies would be happy to just have their project finish with some degree of success. That’s not the case. Despite the odds, organizations expect projects to be completed faster, cheaper, and better. The only way that these objectives can be met is through the use of effective project management processes and techniques. The list below outlines the major phases of each project that Tech Strata takes great care in optimizing.
It is not uncommon for IT professionals to shortchange the planning process and begin work right away. This is a big mistake. Tech Strata specification process creates the basis for the tasks to be performed and is approved by all stakeholders. Fundamental questions are asked. Why are we doing this? What are the drivers of this decision and what are the business benefits?
A Few Components of the Planning Process:
- Objectives: What is the client ultimately looking to accomplish?
- Scope: What the capabilities, components, and features that will be implemented? What is in-scope and what is out-of-scope?
- Assumptions and Risks: What are the assumptions and what events is cause for concern. Do we have the financial and human capital to succeed?
- Transition: How will the migration process be managed?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Who are the participants and what are their roles defined at the outset. Who is championing the project, who is on the project team and are all interests represented?
The Next Steps Is Yours